Hi! I’m Rachel.
As a modern working woman, business owner, mentor, wife, fur mama, and autoimmune warrior with big dreams – I created this blog to help other driven women take impeccable care of themselves, no matter how busy life gets. Ultimately, I want to help you create health habits that stick. The result? Inner peace, vibrant energy, and total well-being.
Driven by my personal journey and triumph through extreme dieting, binge eating, and body shaming, as well as amenorrhea (period loss), IBS, anxiety, and an autoimmune disease – I’m on a mission to help as many women as possible to create unstoppable health without dieting, deprivation, or missing out on life.
On my new blog, you’ll find my favorite healthy recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less, simple DIYs, practical wellness tips, and convenient health solutions for busy women on the go. No restrictive meal plans, shame around what you do or don’t eat, or unrealistic lifestyle changes that take the fun out of life. Instead of telling you what to do, I’ll help you discover what works for you.
I’m thrilled to be on this journey with you!
Curious How I Got Here?
My health journey and career path were anything but linear, but I’m grateful for the wild ride because it led me here writing for you – the woman who deserves to take care of herself mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually so that she can realize her full potential and create a life she loves. Read the full story here.
Want To Know More About Me?
I live in Buffalo with my Ninja husband Darren, and our sweet fur babies Leo (short for Leonidas – The Ninja Warrior King) and Xander (short for Alexander The Great Conquerer of All Obstacles). Yes, we are a Ninja Warrior family! I’m an outgoing introvert who has an insatiable appetite for learning and growth. I love take-your-breath-away laughs, dancing at weddings, live theatre, rainbows, pink flowers, hiking, yoga, essential oils, and Buffalo’s Canalside at sunset. I live for Jesus, and I’ll drop anything for family and friends. God is good, and life is crazy beautiful. I LOVE IT!
Guilt-Free Pleasures: The Bachelor/Bachelorette and investing in continuing education.
Current Obsessions: My berry calm superfood & adaptogen smoothie and taking pictures of my fur sons.
Most Likely To Find Me: In my kitchen, diffusing essential oils, listening to music, and experimenting with a new skincare formulation.
Fun Fact: Darren and I won the wedding of our dreams and were featured on a 5-part reality TV series. You can watch our entire wedding planning journey from start-to-finish at Hitched716.com.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Buffalo State College
- Master of Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Health Behavior from University at Buffalo
- Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach (IIN)
- Certified Precision Nutrition Coach
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer and Behavior Change Specialist
- Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialist (PROnatal Fitness)
- Environmental Health Educator (Certificate in Environmental Health from The University of Arizona’s Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine and Talking Toxins with Lara Adler)
- NAHA Certified Level 1 Aromatherapist (in training)
- Organic Skincare Formulator (in training)