Want to cleanse your body every single day safely and naturally? Drink lemon water and cayenne pepper first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
This is one of the best health habits I’ve developed and I encourage you to give it a try. In the spring and summer months, I like to make the recipe below using cold purified water. In the fall and winter months, I like to make the same recipe using warm water instead. Experiment to learn what you like best.
The Perks: Doing this ritual every morning stimulates your liver (the main detoxing organ in the body) and increases your metabolism.
- 1-2 lemons, peeled
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- Wash lemons well.
- Squeeze lemons using a stainless steel lemon juicer or put lemons (peeled) in a juicer.
- Add 10-12 oz of purified water to lemon juice (2 lemons should yield 4-5 oz of juice).
- Add cayenne pepper and pure maple syrup (optional).
- Stir and drink immediately or refrigerate in an air-tight glass container for up to 48 hours.
Check out this comprehensive article by the Food Babe to learn more about the incredible health benefits of lemon water and cayenne. In this article, Vani (the Food Babe) also shares how-to successfully adopt this health habit every day.