I can’t seem to get enough of these Crispy Kale Chips lately. They’re so simple to make and the perfect snack when you’re in the mood for something crunchy. I like to add a pinch of Himalayan sea salt after they’re done baking, but I encourage you to get creative with your spices. Ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and/or lemon zest are all great options! Enjoy!
Crispy Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Remove kale leaves from the thick stems and tear into small bite size pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner or pat to dry.
- Add kale to a large bowl and toss with olive oil or avocado oil (the amount of oil depends on how large your bunch of kale is - start with 1 tablespoon and if it doesn’t seem like enough, add more. The kale should be slightly coated with oil, but not saturated).
- Place kale in a large glass baking dish or on a large baking sheet lined with a reusable silicone baking mat and bake until the edges are brown, but not burnt (about 20-25 minutes total). Toss the kale once more while it’s baking (about 10 minutes in) to ensure both sides are nice and crispy.
- Once the edges are brown and the kale is crispy, take it out of the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.