Ok, so it’s not the prettiest color, but this Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie is sweet and satisfying (without the sugar crash)!
I recommend buying fresh baby spinach and freezing it prior to making your smoothies. Same with bananas – peel, slice and freeze chunks of bananas. Both will help to make your smoothies cold and thick without needing to add ice, which can often water down your smoothies.
Frozen cherries are great because they’ve already been pitted, saving you time.
Start with 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk of choice (I use almond milk) and add more as needed to create a consistency you like.
If you don’t have chocolate protein powder, don’t fret! Just use vanilla protein powder and add 1 tablespoon of organic fair-trade cacao powder.
Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, more as needed
- 1/4 banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder*
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, previously frozen
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to an airtight glass container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours (though best when fresh).