Spaghetti squash (after being baked) looks like spaghetti, tastes delicious, and it’s super simple to prepare. You can top it with red sauce, create a lasagna bowl, or simply add olive oil, fresh herbs, garlic, and spices. I encourage you to get creative and share your creations with me on Instagram @rachelsunley. I’d love to see them!
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash spaghetti squash thoroughly. Slice the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribbing from the inside of each half.
- Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil. Place squash face down in a glass baking dish and use a fork to poke holes in the top of the squash. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside and fork tender (the time will vary depending on the size of your squash).
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that the inside is facing up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and remove the strands from the bottom and sides of the squash.
- Top with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!