I’ve been experimenting with DIY cleaners for years now and hands down this homemade Sink, Tub, & Toilet Scrub is the best for scrubbing sinks, tiles, grout, toilets, and tubs. It work like a charm, can be made in less than 5 minutes, and smells amazing when infused with essential oils.
Essential Oils for Cleaning
Essential oils that work well in homemade household cleaners include, but are not limited to: Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lemon Myrtle, Lime, Orange, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary, and Tea Tree.
Here are a few of my favorite combinations for this recipe:
- 15 drops Lemon + 10 drops Tea Tree + 5 drops Lavender
- 15 drops Lemon + 8 drops Eucalyptus + 7 drops Lavender
- 15 drops Lemon + 15 drops Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend
- 30 drops Young Living’s Purification essential oil blend
I encourage you to mix it up and experiment for yourself!
If you make this recipe, snap a photo, and tag me on Instagram @rachelsunley. I’d love to see your creations!
DIY Sink, Tub, & Toilet Scrub
- Large glass or stainless steel bowl
- Stainless steel or wooden spoon
- 1 (8-ounce) glass jar with tight-fitting lid*
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons unscented liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 30 drops essential oils
- Mix all ingredients in a large glass or stainless steel bowl until a smooth paste forms.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean glass jar and cap tightly. Store in a cool, dark place. Use on toilets, sinks, and tubs as needed.
- *I recommend using glass jars if possible since they are better for our environment and can easily be cleaned, sanitized, and reused. If you have young children at home and prefer plastic for safety reasons, be sure to use BPA-free PET plastic jars.
- Use high-quality, 100% pure essential oils to ensure the ingredients are free from synthetic chemicals and fragrances.
If you’re looking to get your hands on authentic, 100% pure essential oils and get ongoing education and support from me, click here.