Craving chocolate? I've got you! This thick, creamy, and delicious chocolate smoothie tastes like a milkshake and will satisfy your sweet tooth without disrupting your gut health and hormones. Enjoy!
HORMONE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE DREAM SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1-2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower (optional)
- 1 small frozen banana, previously peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
OPTIONAL ADD-INS / TOPPINGS
- 1-2 handfuls of leafy greens (baby spinach, bok choy, swiss chard) - I like to buy mine fresh and freeze right away for smoothies
- Top with unsweetened coconut shavings, cacao nibs, or chia seeds
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more nut milk as needed (1/4 cup at a time) to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy immediately.
Use organic ingredients when possible. Truvani’s Plant-Based Protein Powder is my go-to protein powder for this recipe. Ancient Nutrition's Chocolate Bone Broth Protein Powder also tastes great!
Are you actively working to heal your gut or struggling with digestive issues like gas and bloating? If so, you can modify the recipe by using coconut milk instead of nut milk, 1/2 avocado instead of cashew butter, and leafy greens instead of cauliflower rice.
- Coconut milk, cashew milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice for almond milk
- 1/2 avocado, sun butter, or other nut butter of choice for cashew butter