If you love the combination of pineapple and coconut (hello Pina Coladas!), you’re going to love this gut-friendly & hormone-healthy Pineapple Coconut Green Smoothie. It’s thick, creamy, and delicious – and it will keep you full for hours.
Does the thought of adding avocado or spinach to your smoothies make you cringe? Trust me; I get it! I thought these ingredients would make my smoothies taste awful, but to my surprise, you can’t taste them at all! The coconut milk, pineapple, and protein powder mask the taste of spinach. Give them a try; I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Stick to the recipe or make substitutes to best suit your taste preferences and nutrition needs. I provide a list of Simple Swaps at the end of the recipe. Experiment to see what you like best!
Pineapple Coconut Green Smoothie
This creamy & delicious smoothie is packed with nutrients to boost your energy and keep you full in between meals.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 scoops vanilla coconut collagen protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1-2 handfuls frozen baby spinach or bok choy
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk or water as needed (1/4 cup at a time) to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy!
Use organic ingredients when possible. Primal Kitchen's Collagen Fuel Vanilla Coconut is my go-to protein powder for this recipe. Truvani’s Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder also tastes great! Note: If you're using a different protein powder - check the serving size. One scoop may be just fine!
- Unsweetened nut milk of choice for coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds + 2 tablespoons chia seeds + 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean powder (optional) for vanilla collagen protein powder.
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter for avocado.
- Any organic leafy greens for baby spinach.