If you love the combination of pineapple and coconut (hello Pina Coladas!), you’re going to love this healthy Pineapple Coconut Green Smoothie. It’s thick, creamy, and delicious – and it will keep you full for hours.
Does the thought of adding avocado, frozen cauliflower rice, or spinach to your smoothies make you cringe? Trust me; I get it! I thought these ingredients would make my smoothies taste awful, but to my surprise, you can’t taste them at all! The pineapple and protein powder mask the taste of these particular vegetables. Give them a try; I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Stick to the recipe or make substitutes to best suit your taste preferences and nutrition needs. I provide a list of Simple Swaps at the end of the recipe. Experiment to see what you like best!
Pineapple Coconut Green Smoothie
This creamy & delicious smoothie is packed with nutrients to boost your energy and keep you full in between meals.
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, more as needed
- 1 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 to 2 cups frozen baby spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk as needed (1/4 cup at a time) to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy!
Use organic ingredients when possible. Truvani’s Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder is my go-to protein powder for this recipe. Primal Kitchen's Collagen Fuel Vanilla Coconut also tastes great!
- Unsweetened plant milk of choice for coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds + 2 tablespoons chia seeds + 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean powder (optional) for vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cashew butter for avocado.
- Any organic leafy greens for baby spinach.