What if you could eat a delicious, creamy bowl of rich chocolate pudding and NOT feel guilty about it? Just the thought of it makes my mouth water and heart tickle! Well, my dear, you can enjoy a decadent bowl of chocolate pudding and not feel guilty about it when you make this delicious and nutritious recipe below.
Now, before you dig in and read the ingredients, I have to be upfront and honest. If a health coach shared this recipe with me five years ago, I would have NEVER tried it. The thought of combining avocado with anything would have grossed me out. Call me crazy, but the sight, smell, and texture of an avocado seriously freaked me out (I hated creamy textures). In fact, I didn’t start eating (and enjoying) avocado until I was 28 years old!
You see, when I started my health journey (nearly eight years ago), I had tons of experimenting to do. I didn’t go from living on coffee, granola bars, and sugar-filled cereals to drinking green juice and eating kale overnight. And if you’re just getting started with your healthy eating journey, I don’t expect you to, either! Even my fellow green juice junkie friends had hesitations about this recipe (until I gave them a sample to try). Avocado fan or not, you will LOVE this recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I promise you, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pistachios or other nuts, chopped for topping (optional)
- Cut open the avocado and scoop out the pit. Cut avocado into large chunks and put in blender.
- Add the cacao, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Blend, starting on low and then moving to high speed until it is smooth.*
- Add more cacao or maple syrup to taste.
- Refrigerate the pudding for 1 to 2 hours.
- Top with pistachios (optional) and serve cold.
Please choose organic ingredients when possible.