Over the past 5 years, I have helped hundreds of women overcome unhealthy habits that creep in over time and replace them with new life-changing ways to enhance their health, happiness, and physical appearance.
My holistic approach is comprehensive yet simple.
It’s about removing what is harmful and adding in what is beneficial (for all areas of your life).
I believe that with the right eating habits, physical activity, adequate sleep, social support, stress management and appropriate supplementation, you can take control of your health, look younger, and add years to your life.
It’s never too late to live a healthier, happier, and more energized life.
HERE ARE TEN TIPS FOR HEALTHIER LIVING, STARTING RIGHT NOW
- Eliminate or reduce consumption of sugar and processed, artificial junk foods/beverages. These foods are toxic to your brain, body, and long-term health.
- Drink more water. Fill a water bottle or pitcher with clean, filtered water, or buy a liter of pure spring water, and sip it steadily throughout your morning. As the day continues, you’ll have less room for coffee, black tea, and soft drinks. Also, try drinking water before your meals. The water will help break down the food more effectively.
- Focus on filling your body with a wide variety of healthy, nutrient-dense foods at every meal. The more colorful your meal is, the better. Choose organic, fresh, seasonal and local foods whenever possible. When you increase your intake of nutritious foods, such as dark leafy greens and fruit, your body will have less room for processed, sugary, nutrient-deficient foods.
- Become an educated consumer and pay attention to ingredients. Read the labels to avoid buying foods and other products with ingredients you can’t pronounce or understand. Stick to simple, whole foods that will nourish your body. Choose pure, chemical-free household, personal care and beauty products whenever possible.
- Move daily. Stay physically active and exercise regularly. If you’re just getting back into a fitness routine, start with small changes like parking in the back of a parking lot or taking the stairs whenever possible. Instead of meeting a friend for coffee or a cocktail, meet for a walk, or a bike ride or take a fitness class together.
- Get adequate restful sleep. Most people need about 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Avoid the Lethal-3. Don’t use tobacco products. Don’t use illegal drugs. Don’t drink too much alcohol, if at all. We’ve heard it before, but sometimes we need a wake-up call to break our addictions. Don’t let a heart attack or serious health problem be your wake-up call. Tobacco, illegal drugs, and excessive alcohol can cause life-threatening physical conditions, including various cancers, heart disease, respiratory illnesses, liver failure, and more.
- Take some quiet time for yourself daily. This is the time you’re not driving the kids around, not cleaning the house, not at work, not doing anything to please anyone except yourself. This time is yours to do whatever you’d like. Try taking a hot bath or walking around the block. Engage in prayer or develop a meditation practice that helps manage stress.
- Make time for family and finding your tribe. Find support in your life and surround yourself with people who share your values.
- Find meaning in your life, live for your purpose, and keep connected to others. Purpose and love are two essential ingredients to living a long, happy life.
What in your life is harmful to your overall health? What can you add in that is beneficial? What is ONE harmful thing you can remove and ONE beneficial thing you can add, starting today? I’d love to hear from you! Share in the comments below.